Monday, September 26

Gore in '08?

I found a blog this morning, The Ostroy Report. His last few posts regard the possibility of Al Gore regaining his party's nomination for president in 2008.

I think Gore would make a good president. He espouses many of my own beliefs. But I wonder if he could win the nomination, let alone the presidency. I see him as more liberal than Clinton, and I think anyone who has potential of winning will have to move to the center, as Clinton did. (Clinton, with his smaller government and reduced spending looks more like a Republican sometimes than Bush!) And will he be able to convince Independents and even some Bush-backers or at least Republican-leaning voters to support him? He would need their vote to win.

While I'm on this, I hear people saying that Joe Biden, John Kerry, Hillary Clinton, and some other Democrats "voted for the war" in Iraq. Is that true? I was under the impression that they voted to give the president the authority to use the military as he sees fit, but they did not explicitly vote to support the Iraqi invasion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd vote for him.