Thursday, November 3

Vote Smart

For all the whining people are doing about all things government right now ... the indictments, the mishandled conflict in Iraq, the mishandled hurricane relief, the mishandled judge nominations ... you'd think they'd be chomping at the bit to vote next Tuesday. But ask people, ask them if they even know who's running in their district, ask them if they know what the ballot questions are, and, sadly, if they even re-registered after a move.

I can't say I'm up on all my local issues. But I'm eager to vote next week. I can't wait to punch my ballot (we still use cards, we still deal with pregnant and hanging chads, yep) and reshape my government from the bottom up.

Two excellent non-partisan sites for anyone looking to become informed about their local issues before next Tuesday are (or just click their icons above):

Project Vote Smart
League of Women Voters

No comments: