Thursday, October 6

Where are the Democrats?

I'm a little discouraged I don't hear more from them, besides bellyaching about the Republicans. I'm losing touch with their ideas:
  • Where do they stand on the Iraq war? Would they increase troops or bring troops home?
  • Do they have an energy plan? If not drilling offshore, then what? A gas tax?
  • Big government or small government? This one is really confusing, given 8 years of debt pay-off under Clinton, and Bush's slaphappy spending on typically Democratic programs like education and Medicare.
  • Pro-choice? Someone say something! The last time I heard a Democrat address this was one of the presidential debates last year when Kerry said he was against abortion, but for a woman's right to choose. Articulate but, I sense, lost on the masses.
  • What's their alternative to the current administration's "ownership society"? A welfare society? You wouldn't guess that given Clinton's 1996 welfare reform package.

I heard Nancy Pelosi, the House Minority Leader, yesterday defend that the Democrats just don't have a pulpit right now. But ... how do they expect us to vote for them if they don't have a voice? Who speaks for the Democrats?

Where's Clinton? Gore? Kerry? Edwards? And that DNC chair, what's his name .... Dean? (Has this man been sitting on his hands?)

________

Dear Mr. Dean,

I may be a lone and plebeian voice, but I beseech you ... get a platform, make it real, and get it out there.

Concerned Citizen

No comments: